Here Are the Things I Learned About Foreign Real Estate

For the past couple of years, I have been unwinding the tax mess I created when I moved to the United States. One of...

FATCA Form 8938: Yet Another Form You Might Have to File

You might have already heard about the FinCEN Form 114, also known as FBAR. It is where you report certain foreign financial accounts to...

Yes, Your Foreign Mutual Funds And ETFs Are PFICs

If you have investments outside of the U.S., you might think that you are fine as long as you report all accounts on an...

FBAR: Everything You Need to Know

If you are a U.S. person and have one or more financial accounts outside the United States, you may be required to disclose these...

What is a U.S. Person and Why Should You Care?

The tax code in the United States categorizes taxpayers as U.S. persons and foreign persons. They can also be referred to as U.S. tax...

A Cautionary Tale for Immigrants in the United States

Moving to a new country is no easy task. More often than not, aspiring immigrants have to go through a long and stressful process,...